Pridham Viticulture offers a bird netting application and retrieval service (for multi-row drape and lock out netting) that utilises the Net-Master system. As well as fast and efficient application and retrieval of netting, Pridham Viticulture can also assist with purchase options of high quality bird netting designed to last up to 18 years.
Drape netting cost estimate information
Based on an acre or hectare of vines using 18m x 300m rolls of diamond netting or 18m x 300m rolls of hexagonal netting and allowing 20% for drops and turns and canopy variation.
3m rows requires approximately 1000m per Ha or 400m per acre of 4 row netting.
|New 4 row hex 3m rows|
|Cost per roll||$1,500 + GST|
|Cost per Ha||$5,000 + GST||Based on 3.3 nets/Ha|
Installation & retrieval costs per hour -Drape netting
Area covered per hour depends on row lengths, block shape, headlands, obstacles, canopy, row widths, topography, etc. Installation is more expensive than retrieval as more labourers are required.
(good $200 / Medium $240 / difficult $280 per roll to rollout)
All prices do not include 10% GST.
General rule of thumb
- Cost to put on a roll of net (250 to 300 mtrs) – $200.
- Cost to retrieve on a roll of net (250 to 300 mtrs) – $200.
- Block terrain & configuration (slopes, staggered headlands, terraced & contour blocks).
- Ground conditions (sticks, canes, trash).
- Trellis condition (will the nets get caught up with posts or clips).
- net condition (does the net have holes that need repairing as nets go out or at retrieval point).
- Are net rolls laid out in position in vineyard and will they be collected after retrieval.
- If nets are looked after they will last at least 15 years.
- To do this nets must be stored in relative darkness and bait the storage area for vermin.
- When nets are retrived fron the field sticks need to be removed and any holes or tears repaired.